The Debit by Design card is a Contactless enabled debit card that you design. Utilizing our online design tool, you submit an image, place it on a card design template, make adjustments as necessary, and submit. All images submitted must comply with the Bank of New Hampshire Image Guidelines.
Debit by Design
Create a Personalized Debit Card
Show off your family, your pets or that amazing summer trip you went on! Debit by Design puts the power in your hand to customize the image on your debit card. Express yourself and create a personal connection to the way you spend your money. Your debit card will be a perfect conversation starter to show off!
Your FREE* Personalized Debit Card
Personalize your debit card and order it today. Upload your own image or select one from our image gallery. This product is not yet available for HSA cards. If you do not currently have a BNH Debit Card, please visit your nearest Bank of New Hampshire office location or contact the Customer Solution Center at 1.800.832.0912 to complete a Debit Card Application. Review Frequently Asked Questions about Debit by Design below for more information.
*Debit by Design is free for Bank of New Hampshire Personal, Prestige and Business account holders with an active minimum balance. Debit by Design terms and conditions apply.
Upload and Image Guidelines
- Image files can be in either .JPEG, .GIF, .PNG, .TIFF or .BMP formats
- The maximum file size is 10 megabytes (MB)
- Images must be at least 840 x 840 pixels
- Small images will reproduce poorly when printed
- As you increase the scale of your image too much, it may also print poorly
- The bigger the image you choose, the longer it will take to upload
- The time your image takes to upload depends on your own internet connection speed
- Should your image be slow to upload, please talk to your own internet access provider for help
Bank of New Hampshire reserves the right to determine, in its sole discretion, whether a submitted image will be accepted. All images submitted must have the consent of the owner including those images downloaded from the internet. Bank of New Hampshire will not accept images that contain any of the following:
- The name, trademark, slogan or any other identifying marks of any other financial institution, bank, or credit union
- The name, trademark, slogan or any other identifying marks of other card company (e.g. MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, Cirrus)
- Political statements or symbols
- Photographs with trademarked material, advertising, promotional materials, company names, or slogans
- Advertising or promotional material (e.g. slogans, business cards)
- Branded products
- Photographs of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or public figures
- Phone numbers or Internet or email addresses
- Socially unacceptable groups (e.g. cults, gangs, supremacy organizations)
- Nude or semi-nude images
- Provocative or sexual content
- Violence, firearms, weapons or ammunition
- Photographs considered by Bank of New Hampshire to be profane or obscene
- Racial, prejudicial or discriminatory subject matter
- Any image in which someone else holds the copyright
This list is not exclusive and Bank of New Hampshire retains the right to decide that any submitted image is not to be used.
Frequently Asked Questions
FREE! Debit by Design is free for Bank of New Hampshire Personal, Prestige and Business account holders with an active minimum balance. Terms and conditions apply.
All Bank of New Hampshire customers with an existing Debit Card may request a Debit by Design card.
Yes, your card number will change.
No, your PIN will remain the same.
No, this service is only available for Personal, Prestige and Business debit cards.
The image can be changed as many times as you would like.
The design tool utilizes Flash Player. Please ensure that you have the most current version of Adobe Flash Player.
Card customization is easy; simply follow the steps below.
- Click on the design link on our home page.
- Select an image from our gallery or upload an image from your computer, external drive, disk, etc.
- Click the ‘browse’ button on the design tool to locate the image on your computer.
- When you locate your image, select it then click on the ‘Upload’ button on the design tool.
- The image will populate into the template.
- Customize the look of your card by enlarging, cropping or rotating.
- Once you are satisfied with the look of your card, hit the ‘next’ button.
- Complete the ’Details’ page with the required information, then click ‘Submit’ where you will see a ‘Thank You’ page with additional information.
The photo needs to be a digital photo in .JPEG, .GIF, .PNG, .TIFF or .BMP format.
Please use an image that is at least 840×840 pixels. Our design service provides a tool to re-size your picture to look the way you want it to.
No modifications to your image will be made. The final version that you submit is what will be produced. Please make sure that you are happy with the placement of your image on the card before submitting.
You will need to convert a physical photo into a digital photo to utilize Debit by Design. If you take a physical photo to a photo processing facility, they should be able to scan the photo for you and put it on a disk. Remember, the image needs to be saved in either .jpeg or .bmp formats.
Every submitted image is reviewed for compliance with Bank of New Hampshire’s Image Guidelines. Each image also must follow the MasterCard Issuing Guidelines as set by MasterCard International.
Please review our Image Guidelines for an explanation of what is an acceptable photo submission. Bank of New Hampshire reserves the right to reject any image we believe violates our Image Guidelines. If an image is rejected, you will be notified by e-mail within two business days. If your image has been rejected, you may submit a new image.
You will receive an e-mail within two business days, telling you if your image was rejected or approved.
Choose a clear, sharply focused image, preferably taken at a high resolution. You can also use photo editing software to enhance your photo prior to uploading it; however, it is not mandatory.
If your Debit by Design card expires, a new card will be sent with the same image as your most recent card. Please Note: If you change your design within 60 days of expiration, it is possible that your will receive two cards: one with the old design, and one with the new design. If this happens, simply destroy the card you no longer wish to use.
Your new card will be mailed to you via the United States Postal Service.
After your image has been submitted and approved by Bank of New Hampshire, you can expect to receive your card within 7-10 business days.
If your card is lost or stolen, please call us immediately at 1.800.832.0912. When you request that a new card be issued, a new card will be ordered with the same image as your previous card. Please refer to our Schedule of Account Fees for all applicable fees associated with new card requests.
Yes, your existing card will continue to work until you activate your new Debit by Design card. Please destroy your old card once the new card is activated.
No, we do not transfer or share any of your financial or personal information with the design service utilized for Debit by Design.
When you receive your new Debit by Design card please call the number on the card to activate it. If you converted an existing debit card to a Debit by Design card, then it is important that you destroy your old card as soon as you receive your Debit by Design card. Please note that until you destroy your old card, you are liable for the use of both cards, in accordance with the relevant terms and conditions of the contract regulating their use.
If you have any additional questions, please contact our Customer Service Center at 1.800.832.0912.
Continue to Terms & Conditions